Ready to do some of those fabulous colorwork patterns you're seeing on Ravelry? Join Megan for this introduction to stranded colorwork knitting!
This class is designed for experienced knitters, but those new to colorwork knitting. You will use 2 (or more) colors of worsted weight yarn for this lovely tubular cowl - you get to decide! You will learn how to carry your yarn appropriately, the best way to catch floats, how to manage your yarn so it doesn't get all twisted, and color dominance!Some advice on color choices:
This pattern is a free ravelry download
- Choose 2 colors for the most basic experience
- Choose 2 colors, 1 being a heavily variegated color and 1 being solid for a more complicated look with less hassle!
- Remember that more colors = more ends...
- Make sure your colors contrast well! It's awful to go through all the work and not be able to see it well!
- complete with a coloring chart to help you choose your colors!Required Materials
Yarn: Worsted weight, 660-720 yards in at least 2 colors
Needles: US 7
Notions: Crochet hook, darning needle, scissors, stitch marker